Frequently Asked Questions
Please find below our list of frequently asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for please do not hesitate to contact us.
'ERP' stands for 'Enterprise Resource Planning'.
ERP is a multi functional system made up of an integrated suite of software modules that support the basic internal business processes of a company (e.g. accounting, manufacturing, customer relations etc.).
'The cloud' refers to a service where information and files are kept on servers connected to the internet. This means that instead of keeping your vital business data on a single computer or in house server that you have to stay at, any device with an online browser can access the same files.
Acumatica like to think of Cloud ERP and Cloud Accounting Software as tools that help small and medium businesses unlock their business potential and their suite of business software is written specifically with that goal in mind.
Acumatica is highly customisable and flexible.
Acumatica's functionality includes financials, distribution, manufacturing, CRM, project accounting and much more. It also has a strong 3rd party development community meaning there is so much more that we can add and integrate into your system, for example, edi links.
Yes, Acumatica is optimised for mobile and tablet use so you can run your business anywhere!
There is also a free to download mobile app for iOS and Android.
All the modules are fully integrated and use one central data store. You won't have any issues with data being out of sync.
Acumatica ensures your company is fully GDPR compliant by providing the following features for customers, suppliers, prospects, contracts, leads and employees;
- Track the consent of individuals to the use of personal data.
- Restrictions on the processing of personal data
- Controlled removal of personal data according to the retention policy
- Audit trail which reports on all changes to personal data.
Making Tax Digital is a key part of the UK government’s plans to make it easier for individuals and businesses to get their tax right and keep on top of their affairs.
Acumatica Cloud ERP has committed to ensuring that it is fully ready for MTD for VAT in 2019.
Licensing & Deployment
SaaS stand for Software as a Service and is designed to offer you Acumatica without the costs and complexities of managing hardware and maintaining software.
Acumatica SaaS is hosted in the Amazon Web Services Cloud and includes;
- Software updates
- Guaranteed 99.5% uptime
- Multi-zone disaster recovery
- Automated data backup
- 7-day rolling backup access
- SQL server storage and media storage
PCP stands for Private Cloud Perpetual; with PCP you purchase the licence in full before deployement. This means the upfront cost is higher, but you then pay a smaller annual maintenance fee of 18%.
PCS stands for Private Cloud Subscription; with PCS licence ownership is not required, so you pay as you go on a monthly subscription basis.
PCS and PCP are both deployed in a private cloud i.e. a private server of your choosing. Licence pricing does not include the operating environment or managed services.
You can switch between SaaS and PCS after Year 1.
You can switch between PCP and SaaS/PCS at anytime
- If you switch from PCP to SaaS/PCS, and if you have an active maintenance plan, you get 20% discount for 24 months off subscription list price.
- If you switch from SaaS/PCS to PCP, you are credited 20% of paid subscription months off licence list price (up to 24 months).
You can add modules, upgrade resource level or upgrade edition anytime by paying the difference between the two levels at the current price. If you bought an earlier version of Acumatica, you would use the current price for the functionality you have licenced at the starting point.
For SaaS: Downgrades, removal of modules, or termination can be done at the start of any month within your subscription period, after Year 1. You will receive a pro-rated amount of credit for future periods on your account for the modules you stopped using for your subscription year.
For PCS and PCP: There are no refunds should you wish to remove modules, terminate or downgrade
If you are outside 90 days of your anniversary date, you would be pro-rated on the upgrade/addition for the remainder of your current subscription year.
If you are within 90 days of your anniversary date, you would be pro-rated on the upgrade/addition for the remainder of your current subscription year, plus you would pay your full subsequent subscription year.
Under the Acumatica Price Protection Programme (APPP)
- Customers can lock in a price for the perioid they have pre-paid for, up to a maximum of 3 years.
- Additionally, Acumatica guarantee that any subscription price increases will not exceed 6% for every 12 months since your date of purchase. Base on list price at purchase. The 6% accrues at a rate of 0.5% per month.
- To maintain coverage under APPP, on-time renewal of your subscription or maintenance fee is required.