This year’s Acumatica Summit (the meeting of Acumatica minds, resellers and customers) was a special one as Acumatica were celebrating their 10th Anniversary. Acumatica started in 2008 with a team of 5 and this year they were celebrating even more;
- Last year they gained over 1000 new users
- That’s a 144% growth in 2017!
- The Summit itself had over 1100 attendees – double the number from last year
- In 2017 they had a 99.999% up time on their SaaS platform!
Our CEO, James Morgan, and our Senior Consultant, Adeel Ahmed, both attended the show which this year was held in Nashville, Texas.
They both said that one of the best parts is hearing the excitement about all the new features and things that are happening at Acumatica. So here is what they learnt;
- Acumatica 2018 R1 is due out in March and we can expect to see great things
- There will be drop filter columns on dashboards making them easier to filter, create and display
- Shared dashboards have new security filters. You can create one shared dashboard and each user will only see what their security rights entitle them to see
- Generic enquiries are now available to view on the mobile app
- Project Accounting now includes change order processing and control
- Quick order to invoice – define an order type and upon posting the order all processing steps can be automated
- Create and invoice for stock items without the need for an order of shipment
- New company structures available; now branch, company, entity. Previously just branch, entity.
- Quickly ability to reclassify transaction lines once posted
- Quotes are now part of opportunities and the system can keep multiple quote so you can see history.
- Link campaigns to a Project in project accounting
- Amazon fulfilment integration for FBA and FBM
- Complete Rest based integration to Salesforce, bi directional for contacts, customers and products as well as orders.
And… a sneak peak into what we will likely see in Acumatica 2018 R2 (due October)
- Completion of the multi-national group structure with intercompany transaction functionality across different currencies
- More e-commerce platform integrations and advanced receipting
- Improvements to the workflow and activities in CRM